Three-hour focussed contraception update for clinical staff with some experience
Contraception Today, unlike SRH Essentials, focusses solely on contraception. It is a half-day interactive course designed to update and expand participants’ contraception knowledge, providing critical information about current clinical guidance. The course enables participants to offer up-to-date options to patients with enhanced confidence and skill, and be better able to provide informed, safe and effective care.
Contraception Today is delivered by one of our highly experienced and engaging practitioners. It is suitable for clinical staff currently working in contraception and sexual health who already have some experience.
On completion of Contraception Today, participants will have the skills and confidence to:
- Better understand the different contraception methods and how they work
- Access clinical guidance from the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
- Use UKMEC to identify contraindications to contraceptive methods
- Assess when a woman is at risk of pregnancy
- Recommend an appropriate method of emergency contraception
- Advise on pill tailored regimens and switching methods
- Manage late injections
- Advise on contraception after pregnancy and for women over 40
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance valid for 3 CPD points.